The CTRT is a charitable organisation that offers financial support through funded applied and academic research for the betterment of the textile industry and the people engaged in it. Each year The Trust looks to place around £100,000 of grant funding. Over the last seven years grants have averaged £25,000, and have ranged from £6,000 to £75,000. Proposals are considered twice each year, in September and April. Submissions received will be considered at the next meeting and applicants will be informed of the outcome. Among key areas of current interest to the Trustees are:
- Encouraging innovation in the UK textile industry
- Assisting technological and systems development within the textile manufacturing industries to facilitate re-shoring and localisation
- Improving durability, recycling and sustainability within the textile supply chain
- Expanding knowledge and expertise within the UK textile industries
- Encouraging small scale developments which may increase employment in textile manufacturing and processing
- Safeguarding and empowering the workforce of the textile industries
In-line with The Trust’s origins, all projects should benefit the health and wellbeing of people engaged in the sector.
For any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or James Evans, Directorate of Research and Business Engagement Support Services, The University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL (email@example.com).